Thursday, January 9, 2014

God guides but does not move

I think that God will guide us but he won't move us.

It must be our feet that carry us forward and His guidance that directs the path that our feet are treading.

We could probably have the faith to move mountains but if we do not use our own bodies to carry us forward, those mountains will remain there.

God cannot move us. That is contrary to the agency he has given us. He can urge, direct, prompt - through the Spirit and through others, but until we put our energy and agency into movement we will stay at rest.

Imagine if everyone began walking with the intent to move forward as God directed the way. Most people are probably either walking without God's direction or not moving at all.

I don't want to be at rest even if I did have the faith to control the elements. I also don't want to move forward on my own path. I want to give my energy into God's will. I will be the movement and He will be the pilot.

Jesus, Savior, Pilot Me
  1. 1. Jesus, Savior, pilot me
    Over life's tempestuous sea;
    Unknown waves before me roll,
    Hiding rock and treach'rous shoal.
    Chart and compass came from thee;
    Jesus, Savior, pilot me.
    1. 2. As a mother stills her child,
      Thou canst hush the ocean wild;
      Boist'rous waves obey thy will
      When thou say'st to them, "Be still!"
      Wondrous Sov'reign of the sea,
      Jesus, Savior, pilot me.
      1. 3. When at last I near the shore,
        And the fearful breakers roar
        'Twixt me and the peaceful rest,
        Then, while leaning on thy breast,
        May I hear thee say to me,
        "Fear not; I will pilot thee."

No comments:

Post a Comment