Thursday, January 30, 2014

Firepits, Frozen, and Flames - Part 6

Silence. No verbal communication. Skiers and snowboarders and wind and noises of the mountain. No speaking.

Silence. I don't mind silence. I think I told him that. Hopefully he doesn't mind it either. I don't think he does. I can't feel the discomfort from him that I feel from others when I remain silent. He doesn't feel the need to fill it up. Silence doesn't need filling.

He suggested they take a break and head up to one of the lodges and see what there was. They left their snowboards down by the lift area and walked quietly, observing their surroundings, lost in thought.

They got up to one of the lodges and there were two firepits with some chairs around them. No one was seated there, probably cause it was cold and the fire didn't do a whole lot since it was windy. They sat down by one of the fires. The fires had the little decorative rocks that she had always called humitrophises. They got really hot and worked really well as hand warmers as they would soon find out.

"Are these those things you wrote about that your sister named when she was little?"

How the freak does he remember this!? It was a tiny paragraph on one of my blog posts last spring from an assignment I had to do for my Beginning Acting class....I only remember cause I wrote it. 

"Ha! Yeah! These are pretty much the same thing! Humitrophis. Haha, that's so funny." She was astonished he remembered such a small detail that she wrote. This whole thing was weird for her....or it should have been, but it wasn't...which made it weird. 

All she knew was that she felt comfortable.

I feel comfortable. It's weird though...it isn't the kind of comfortable I feel with people I've known for a long time, but the kind of comfortable I feel with my dog. Like I know there is no judgement or expectation or assumptions. It's just pure contentment and love. Well that is a weird way to put it...You're a freak. This is weird...or it should be...but it isn't....that's weird. 


No comments:

Post a Comment