Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Firepits, Frozen, and Flames - Part 5

"She just cares about things that Linds and I never cared about. It's harder for her than it ever was for us."

"Like what kind of stuff? Like is she....I don't know how to ask, like more girly or something?"

"Well thats a given, haha, but that's not what I am talking about now. Like for example, when I was a senior, Linds was a sophomore and Regan was in middle school we all got our ears pierced again. Lindsay and I got our cartilage and Regan got a second hole on her ear lobe. My friends were pretty judgmental but I couldn't have cared less. They said all sorts of stupid condescending things but it did not bother me at all. Regan's friends however, were just as judgmental and probably more vocal about it. It was a lot harder for her to let that go. She is just more sensitive. She's a better person than I am for that, but it makes life harder for her."

It had basically been the best first date she had ever had. They had spent the day alternating between talking as they rode the chairlifts, snowboarding down the mountain, walking down the mountain (it took some quad strength she didn't really have), and taking short breaks and talking as they just sat on the mountain as other skiers and snowboarders passed them.

Though she had just met him officially that morning, she didn't feel it. The conversation was completely comfortable and natural. She felt at ease saying those things her mother would tell her to keep to herself on a first date. It was remarkable.

This is awesome. Seriously. What the??? I don't have to conceal all those things that I would normally conceal until we raise. This is great. I mean this conversation is actually meaningful. I usually don't have meaningful conversation until weeks in. It's only been hours. What the???

No comments:

Post a Comment