Friday, June 29, 2012

Something I Think About

Pardon me for posting twice in a day but A) I didn't want to make my last post 1000 years long and B) I didn't want to ruin the preciousness of my previous post with the seriousness of this one

Anywho, a couple weeks ago I was watching Say Yes to the Dress (5 Stars from Kylee) and there was this psycho mom who wanted her daughter to look like a princess but the daughter didn't want to look like a princess and fights ensued. So I went upstairs to my mom and told her that since she has 4 daughters yet to be married off she had better keep her own expectations and desires out of wedding dress shopping. Not her opinion, mind you. You'd never get my mom to keep her opinion to herself. But her expectations of what she wants us to look/act like (if you read my previous post you know how effective trying to dictate my behavior is).

With that in mind... we started talking about weddings and I told her my friends made me promise to have a civil wedding for them. I told her I didn't particularly want to cause what a hassle...(shocking I know...but no, I do not have my wedding planned and my colors picked and whatever else a "normal" girl has thought out...) My mom said I would have to do a civil wedding and then the conversation kind of ended.

Forward to today: I was sitting in the Draper Temple waiting to do baptisms just thinking and I started thinking about getting married in the temple and who in my family would be there. I came to the sad but very real conclusion that at most, only one of my 8 siblings (unless there are some significant events before I get married) would be able to be in the temple with me & my parents/grandparents/etc. Each one of my siblings (and spouses if they have them) has different circumstances keeping them from entering the temple.

These thoughts brought me back to the conversation with my mom about having to have a civil wedding for my friends and I thought to myself "A civil wedding for my friends? My own family won't even be able to attend my Temple Marriage" Sheesh.

Conclusion: I will be having a civil wedding.
Conclusion 2: I hope those various circumstances change so that I may be joined by more than 1/8 of my siblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment