Friday, June 29, 2012

"22 Years of Married Bliss"

My mom said that. Fat load of crap that is. With me as a child? I HARDLY describe raising Kylee as "bliss". In fact, I take a direct quote from said dear mother's blog:
"I remember a particularly frustrating few months with my beautiful, stubborn, bull-headed daughter number 1.  She was probably about 4 or 5.  I was fit to be tied.  She said "no" no matter what you asked her, she defied me at every possible opportunity.  I was certain she would have to be removed from my care because I was going to KILL her. She had to do everything her way.  I was way out of my league.  And I thought step-children, who probably didn't really even like me, were hard.  She was impossible.  So, one evening I was enlisting the advice of my dear husband, "What am I supposed to do with her?  She won't do this, she won't do that.  I can't make her listen . . ."  You get the picture.  I will never forget what he said -- it was the most profound thing anyone had ever said to me up to that point in my life.  It also  made me angrier than I had been in a coon's age.  (If you don't know, don't ask)  He said, and I quote, "You can't control her."  He was so calm, so matter of fact, I wanted to kill HIM then HER.  Yes, I can!  I am her mother!!! Can you hear it?"

Darn right you can't control me....

I digress...HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MAMA AND PAPA. No one else coulda raised me...I'm kinda a....how do I put this lightly....kind of a dolt, blockhead, fool, twit, etc. (don't even ask what I put into the online thesaurus to generate those words). Props to the mother for letting me do my own thing...usually I find the right thing.

Thanks parents for setting such a great example for us chilluns. Because of my parents I know what a good marriage (and consequently a good family) looks like:
  • 9 kids (give or take)
  • Motorcycles
  • A house that is never clean (sorry mom)
  • Endless laundry
  • Walking
  • Family Home Evening
  • Seeing every movie that has ever come out
  • A husband who works hard
  • A wife who works hard
  • Kids who....learn to....work hard
  • Charity
  • Illegal Fireworks
  • Leftovers
  • Kicking the kids out when 24 is on
Yeah that's all I got.

No comments:

Post a Comment