Sunday, December 2, 2012

tru, aju, mózg, axola, mendje

Brain
Mind

Whatever you call it. We've all got one although some use them less than others.... Philosophy tries to prove or disprove the union or disunion of the brain and the mind. Or disprove or prove the existence of the something we know as the mind.

Its fascinating. What do you think about? What does your brain do 24 hours a day, 7 days a week all life long?

Mine finds patterns on the street with the lane dividers. When I see this kind of road paint:



I think of someone running.

When I see this kind:
road
Someone is riding/pushing a Razor Scooter

When I see this:

 

Can you guess it? If you said someone rollerblading then you would be correct.

Like Regan's blogpost I do it too. My mind connects those things which do not connect themselves. It draws lines and circles and squares and rhombuses around and around and around until it fits into one big web of words and ideas and "-ness"es. It assigns "labels" although these aren't the limiting "put-in-this-box-and-only-this-box" kind of labels. They can go wherever they like and each new experience with the word or idea or thought will add to its "-ness" in my head and get itself somewhere new along with the old.

When I am not driving and making patterns with road markings, gates/fences, words, feelings, and the likes, I pretty much have one thing on my mind. The past while in my life has been spent with thoughts of one topic.

Its not the same thought over and over again although occasionally there are some reruns. Its more like one topic come at from every angle possible til you would think my brain couldn't think anything more about the topic and say, "We have thought this through and through and through again. There is no more to be thought about this. Can we please move on to something else". But it thinks and thinks again. 

They say “We sow our thoughts, and we reap our actions; we sow our actions, and we reap our habits; we sow our habits, and we reap our characters; we sow our characters, and we reap our destiny.”

I hope in the end these thoughts become my destiny. They are good thoughts of hope and optimism and endurance and struggle and pondering and they encompass all that I want out of life. You could say that what I spend so much time thinking about is family.

I mean, what else is there in life?

No comments:

Post a Comment