Thursday, January 17, 2013

How on earth did I get here?

Sheesh....I have never taken an acting class or done anything really that requires me to get up in front of people and do stuff as they watch...unless you count sports...which I don't.

Anyway. I FREAKING LOVE IT. IT IS SO MUCH FUN. Every class I get scared out of my mind and wonder what I am doing there. I LOVE IT. I just seriously don't even know.

Today we did our first improv thing. WOWOWOWOW. HAHA so great.

It is called family portraits. We were split into three groups of 6 or 7 and she would call a group on stage where she would then name a family of _____ (fill in blank).
She did:
  • Cowboys (how apropo)
  • Kardashians
  • Tigers
  • Gods/Goddesses
  • T-rexes
  • Clowns
  • Hippies
  • Ninjas
Etc....SO she called out a family of...and you/your group had to strike a pose representing said family and then someone would yell freeze and they would "take" the family portrait.

She gave this whole schpeel at the beginning telling us that acting is not thinking and that you should just go on instincts. Just let it out and do it.

That is what I did. And golly its great. Since I don't really care what people think of me I think I have the potential to kick trash at this. I just need to start talking I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment