Monday, September 24, 2012

God Works in Mysterious Ways

That my dear readers is truth.

The past 23 hours have been filled with more sadness and emptiness than I can ever remember. BUT despite the awfulness that has ensued in those 22 hours I have felt more peace than I can ever remember feeling. I have literally felt His arms around me and His eyes on me, watching me to make sure I am OK.

What the awfulness is, is beside the point. The point is that when I woke up this morning and immediately burst into tears because of the sadness in my heart and soul, God knew what would give me the strength to keep going.

He is great. He really is.

After I had composed myself and felt strong enough to go to class, I headed out. As I was walking towards my first class, I saw a man walking towards me. This guy, wearing a navy blue shirt, was a large black man. As I glanced toward him he looked like he wanted to say something so I mustered all the strength, in my weak-from-crying-body, to lift my head. He approached me, stuck out his hand and said "Good morning! How can we pray today?"

I was sort of confused and must have looked it so he continued, "How can we pray to God for you today?"

God is good. He is. He knows. Better than anyone.

So after this man asked how he can pray for me, a whole new flood of tears came. It was the question I needed to be asked. Even if by someone I had never met. This stranger pulled me into a huge bear hug and held me while I cried. He proceeded to pray to God and although I could not hear the words I felt the answer. He then pulled me over to a curb where we sat and I told him how he could pray for me today.

He was telling me that God loves me when a random student walked past and this man held his hand out and she shook it. He then asked if she would pray with us for me. She immediately said "Of course!" and took our hands in hers and we three prayed for me. We prayed for the comfort I needed in this extremely difficult time for me.

I could not have felt any clearer, that God was with me and supporting me. He was telling me that this is His plan for me. He showed me, through these complete strangers, that He is aware of my every need. I walked away from that situation with a smile on my face and a prayer of gratitude and amazement in my heart.

He is real. He knows how terrible life's twists and turns can be. In order to be our best we need to be broken and rebuilt over and over again. He can rebuild us into our perfect selves. He knows how to reach out to us, maybe through two complete strangers who put a smile on your face in times of sadness.

God works in mysterious ways.
How thankful I am for this experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment