Monday, September 2, 2013

The story of my first week back

So there I am, thinking I was going to meet with my Bishop on the thursday night of the first week. This thursday night just so happened to also be the night of the Singled Out activity (more or less the same as this old TV show just the Mormon YSA version).

So I go thinking I'll hang around the activity until my meeting but I get there to find out that Bishop is MC-ing the activity. So I have to hang around til he is done.

Anyway the first round goes like this:

A boy, named Hyrum, is picked from the mens bowl of names and blindfolded. He sits at the front of the room. Then all the girls in the room go up to the front and Bishop asks questions:

What is love to you?

  1. Warm and Fuzzy like Uggs
  2. Fast and frenzy like Nikes
  3. Footloose and free like flip flops
I chose 3. Hyrum chose 3 as well. So those girls who had gone to the 1 & 2 areas sat down.

Chose a plant that best describes you:
  1. A cactus, prickly and hard to get close to
  2. *some super long scientific name of a plant I don't know*
  3. Some other plant I don't remember
I chose 1. Hyrum chose 1. So those girls who had gone to the 2 & 3 areas sat down.

At this point there were less than 10 girls. We maybe answered one more question like this and then there were 5 of us left.

This was the elimination round. We were asked to draw a picture of a fun date.

I drew a basketball court with me and a boy playing.
**IT LOOKED ROUGHLY LIKE THIS...
**
Some other drawings were a swing set, riding horses, and hiking. The artists (us ladies) then walked to the side of the room and Hyrum was unblindfolded. He walked around and chose the picture that he liked best. 

You guessed it....it was mine! 

I went from not even planning on participating to winning the first date of the night. Just. My. Luck.

Well it should be fun...we got a gift card to Chilis. Maybe I'll let ya know how it goes...


Part two of my first week back will come up shortly....

No comments:

Post a Comment