Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Knowledge: What do you do with it? OR What does it do with you?

I have been meaning to write this post for a loooonnnnggggggg (<-- see what I did there?) time. A really long time. So here it is.

I have been told by multiple sources that I have the ability to learn something and then live my life according to that knowledge. Make sense?

For example, I learned that there is poop. everywhere. always. So now I close the toilet seat when I flush. *that was an awkward example*

I can't not do that now. I learned it and now to not close the toilet seat when possible seems an insult to that knowledge that I now have. I cannot forget or ignore or unlearn it. I learn something and it CHANGES ME.

I learned last year just how bad High Fructose Corn Syrup can be for you. Now when I shop, I (for the most part) buy things WITHOUT HFCS. I have to do it. I cannot not do it now.

Sometimes it is so inconvenient. I just want to unlearn those things and go back to the whole ignorance is bliss junk. Life was easier when I didn't know that there is poop everywhere, or that HFCS creates a hugely problematic response in insulin levels and all that jazz.

It amazes people. I guess knowledge doesn't change people like it changes me.

I live life according to the knowledge that I have. If you don't change your life as you learn then what good is learning things? I guess that confuses me. What do you do with knowledge if not change your life?

I guess this is my way of accepting the light so that I may receive more...

Does not changing make you a hypocrite? A fool? Normal?

No comments:

Post a Comment