Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A Poem

My sister has inspired me to be all artsy and junk so I wrote this poem today.

I was in my Teaching of the Living Prophets institute class watching these two talks and I whipped this poem out. I am not totally pleased yet, but for writing it in like 20 minutes its aight.

Anyway...here it is:

I don't yet know why
but I know I have to try.
When I feel the pull
It is not a pounding in my skull
But a gentle nudge
I must obey without grudge.
It leads me to the light
When I follow without a fight.
This light turns me from sorrow.
It promises me a bright tomorrow.
This light is my life.

My God has for me such love
even though he resides far above.
He listens to my every word
My kind loving knowing Lord.
How have I come to be?
Looking back I hardly recognize me.
If I follow the light to the end
My God will truly be my best friend.

Rich blessings to impart
He promises me the desires of my heart.
I patiently await
Navigating the pathway, narrow and straight.
Perfect I know I am not
But my sins I know only He can blot.
My transgressions He remembers no more
When I call upon Christ's solo war.
In Gethsemane where he bled
With Heavenly Father he plead
"Why hast thou forsaken me?"
As Christ is, so seek I to be.

And so at 19 years of age today
Some days seem dark and gray.
When I feel the pull I cannot ignore
It leads me to seek it more
So my days increase in light
I will never give up this fight

No comments:

Post a Comment