Saturday, February 23, 2013

It's Become Somewhat of a Tradition

So, I did not have a blog last year at this time, but if I had, I would have written about this. 

There I was, in my dorm on a Wednesday at the end of February when my friend Janae texted me and asked if I wanted to eat dinner at her brothers house the next evening, Thursday. I said yes cause I had basically been in my room for three weeks straight with no human contact. 

The next day Janae and her brother (Allen) picked me up outside the dorms and we went to Walmart to get some stuff for quesadillas. Then we went to his apartment where his roommate (Pace) was awaiting us (dinner). We had a lovely dinner and had all the basic conversation since I had no idea who these two boys were. It was just the usual “where’d you grow up?”, “how many siblings?”, “ what’s your major?” talk. Then towards the end of dinner Allen says, “Kylee, I have an important question to ask you.” I was super confused cause who asks an important question to someone an hour after they meet? But he asked if I had been asked to the Brown and Gold Ball. The Brown and Gold ball is an LDS sponsored activity for the whole university at a hotel here in Laramie. I had not been asked cause I didn't really get out much…heheh. I asked when it was, he said this Saturday (as in two days), I asked what time. He said doors open at 6:00, dinner at 6:30, speakers at 7:15, then dancing at 8:00. Honestly I didn’t see away out so I said yes.

Anyway, that is how I ended up going to the Brown and Gold Ball last year




 Fast forward a year later. So Brown and Gold is today. Up until yesterday afternoon I was not planning on going. BUT...I get a text yesterday from Pace (yes, the same Pace from last year) saying he has some extra tickets and a cousin if I wasn't doing anything. So...I said yes. Once again, I have no idea who this guy is (I do know Pace this year though, and his wife Ashley (not the other girl in the picture)) but I am going to a formal dance with him. I decided to make going with strangers to the B&G somewhat of a tradition. 


Also, if you are wondering about the dress situation - last year I went on friday after classes with my friend Cassie, to Maurice's and got that dress in the picture for the B&G. This year, I wised up. I figured after last year anything could happen so when I went home last weekend, I brought one of my sisters winter formal dresses back with me JUST IN CASE. HAHA I am so smart. This year I didn't even get 48 hours notice...it was more like 26 hours notice. So good thing I learned the lesson that a lady should always have an outfit on hand that she can wear to a formal event. 

This is what living in the moment is like! I am very excited for this dance tonight. Last year it turned out better than I could have ever imagined. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment