Sunday, December 13, 2015

There is beauty in our brokenness

I read this post this morning, The Brutally Honest Christmas Card. And it is awesome.

One of the comments below, that I didn't actually read, says "there is beauty in our brokenness".

AMEN.

That post coupled with other things made me seriously appreciate that phrase, "there is beauty in our brokenness".

There really is. And this family took their virtual christmas card as an opportunity to display their brokenness.

I'm sorry everyone, but when I get a christmas card with all the weddings your family had and the missions your children are on, that's great, but not everything.

I appreciate the cards that include the struggles, the ATV crash that put your son in the hospital and knocked out his front teeth.

Those are the ones that express the depth of your life. The aforementioned happy events are just the surface.

The shit we go through is the shit that makes us.

Display that more often, people.


No comments:

Post a Comment