Tuesday, April 8, 2014

The Truth About Triple Forward Helices - 1

Alright you trendy folks who are wanting the triple forward helix piercing. Listen up so you know what you are getting yourself into.

I'll break it down for you so you can make an informed decision about this (major) piercing.

Day 1: 
I don't know about you guys but I wasn't thinking too hard about this whole thing. I had decided like the week before that I wanted it. I knew it was not the most responsible decision, but I also realized that I have never made an irresponsible decision in my life and that my young years were runnin' out. So I decided to do it and then I did it. Not much thought in between.

So I get there and say to the tattooed & pierced lady with purple asymmetrical hair, half leopard printed, "I want the triple forward helix." There we have it. She said she didn't know if she had the supplies and she would check. Again, not thinking about what I was actually getting into. Just wanted it. That was all. There we go. HA! I feel like my sister Lindsay.

So she got the stuff and told me to come on back. Still not thinking about it. I sat in the chair and looked away so my ear was facing her. She cleaned it, marked it with a pen, gave me a mirror and asked if that was good. I said yes and she got started.

When she was about to stab me through she would say, take a deep breath in. I would take that deep breath in and then she would stab me through. The first one was not bad at all. Just like my other piercings, a pinch and then it was ok. It would get hot but ya know, its all good. I thought, "Yeah man, this is cool. Not too bad."

So then, she got the second one ready, told me to breath then stabbed me through. This time it hurt. It hurt a whole ton. Worst thing ever. So bad. At that point I was pretty sure I wasn't going to be able to get the third one. I wanted to quit. I got all sweaty and blehhhhh. Ew. Sweaty and hot and gross. HA! So fun. So fun!

Anyways, then they did the third one and it was as bad as the first. AKA fine. Didn't hurt. Then she started soaking up the blood in my ear. Awesome. Lots of blood in and around my ear. Awesome.

She said, "______ will tell you about aftercare." No idea what his name was but he mumbled about showering and cleaning and don't touch, salt soak with the stuff they gave me. 8 weeks before I can change them and 8-12 months before they heal totally. Blah blah.

So then I went and paid for the piercing and walked out. This is what it looked like right after:


It felt fine. I mean really hot and swelling but what the heck did you expect after putting 3 holes in your ear in the same place...AIYA!

So I got home a few hours later and cleaned it up:


Didn't seem like anything I couldn't handle. I knew day 2 would be reallllllyyyy fun.

Check out The Truth About Triple Forward Helices - 2

No comments:

Post a Comment